Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Long time!!!


Well we are in finals week here at Jouchi. All I can say is I want to go back to "pretend" school at Bennington. No final tests, no ridiculous history instructors etc. I would rather write a final paper any day over taking a test. Regardless, it is still sad to see the semester come to an end, because this means all my friends who were only here for part of the year will be going home. I hope I'll get a chance to meet them again sometime. As for me, I will be in Tokyo for the long haul, staying for the whole spring break (until April 12th!!!). For the first weeks of break, my mom and Marie will be coming, and I get to take them around to all the places I've grown to love here in Tokyo. So excited!!!!! After they leave, Baseball starts up again, and I will be devoted to that for the rest of my break. ちょっと大変だけどね。

On another note, I've rented an apartment! It is right in Yotsuya and about 5 minutes from school. SO convenient! I even have my own Kotatsu! In case you don't know, Kotatsu are about the most wonderful creations ever conceived by the Japanese. Basically a table, attached to the underneath is a small heater, and there is a blanket attached to the table as to keep the heat inside. The dangour is that these tables are soooo comfterble, people sometimes fall asleep under them, only to awake hours later realizing that they have scooted all the way under the table so only their heads are out. This of course leads to colds, and a lack of doing home work or other tasks. Ahh, but nothing truly says "winter" in Japan like the kotatsu.

2 comments:

  1. the most wonderful creations ever conceived by the japanese? i think not.

    it is the most wonderful creation. conceived by anyone. EVER. in all of TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bringing mine home with me to Vermont :)

    ReplyDelete